Kraft Kosher

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Baal Tashchis

As a food company, millions of pounds of food never make it to shelves after leaving our plants. Most of it is donated, if it is safe for human consumption. But some comes to Headquarters for various projects. The other day, I saw three cases of a specific product sitting with the garbage as I was leaving work. The cases were still sealed, but had been slapped with big "Please throw out. Basura. Wziwekpa." stickers. Or something like that. So not wanting to waste, I hastily raided the garbage, ripping open the case, and removing three sealed boxes of product. It looked like a good one too. Not sure why it should just be thrown out. My guess is the group working on the project has seen so much of the stuff that they don't want to even look at it, much less take it home. Why they didn't search for other users in the company I'm not sure. But I'd hate to waste. Of course, there could be something wrong with the product. Haven't really tasted it yet. I'd love to get some kind of clean "bill of sale" or "bill of health."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home