Kraft Kosher

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Flirting with the Devil

Ah, nothing like a slow day. So many ways to kill time. But I'm not into betraying my employer. They pay me, so my time belongs to them, whether they use it or not. (It's a Biblical thing.) But that doesn't mean I can't kill time "on the job."

Talking to friends on the phone is not frowned upon by the office, but only up to a point. So spending all day on the phone with them might not be an option, but that doesn't mean I can't make new friends. One of the contacts from the vendors I work with is a 26 year old girl from Minnesota. When we talk, it can be a good half hour conversation. And we usually talk every day, if not more often. And we usually don't talk about business either. But, hey, it is a client, so this isn't "stealing" from the company. I'm just keeping our corporate relationship happy.

Unfortately, she's married, not that that tones me down. But she has mentioned that I'd like her 23 year old sister, and she has invited me up for a visit. Who knows, maybe I'll really make a new friend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home