Kraft Kosher

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Holiday

One of my co-workers asked me about the "Holiday" tomorrow. She wanted to know whether I was planning on working. I am planning on working. I told her that it wasn't the kind of holiday where Jews can't work. I'd love to take the day off - while work isn't forbidden, it sure makes it hard to fully enjoy the day. But I have to save my vacation days to fly to New York. It's tough budgeting all your vacation days L'Shem Shomayim - For the sake of Heaven.

Update:

Another coworker came up to me Purim morning, and asked me what the holiday was about. Apparently, he saw it on his calendar from the Confederate States Civil War organization, and didn't recognize it as an event related to that group. He asked his wife, who thought it sounded like a Jewish holiday. But when you try and explain Purim, it's kind of hard. You can't quote scripture, and you can't just make it sound like the frat party that it has become.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home