Kraft Kosher

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Cholov Yisroel

One of my co-workers asked me for the names of Kosher bakeries. I gave her a list, and then she asked if we could eat Entenmanns. I said, of course, I thought everything of theirs was Kosher. But then my boss tells her that he doesn't eat Entenmanns. So know we're giving conflicting Kosher explanations. My boss told her that there are different levels of Kosher. I thought that would kind of leave my coworker with a flaky not-so-respectful understanding of Kosher, so I set out to explain the difference between Cholov Yisroel and regular dairy Kashrus. And contrary to how I thought an explanation of a fairly complex and little known area of Jewish law wasn't that hard to explain. It actually went pretty well.

And of course understanding Dairy Kashrus is pretty important at the country's largest dairy seller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home