Kraft Kosher

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Corporate Shakeup!

So frum boss is no longer my boss. Our group has been realigned. Now the "woman who sits next to me" will be the "woman in charge of me". Did I mention that she never liked me? That's not really true. We have very different personalities. I come off as the hotshot young guy who thinks he can conquer the world, and she is a quiet accountant. I sense some friction, that I rub her the wrong way. So I could see her A) trying to slow me down, teach me the corporate pace, and B) not appreciating my attention grabbing antics.

But aside from affecting my career prospects (which it does drastically), it will also affect my religious/personal life. By that I mean dating. I have no doubt that she won't change my ability to take off for holidays. That I'm sure she expects. But for dating...this will be tough. Keep in mind she is 45 and not married. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. So I have to recreate all my arrangements with my boss to go to New York regularly, like "working remotely". And since she is a first timer to this management thing, I think she will be hesitant to sign off on any abnormal arrangements...We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home